What is Business Car Leasing
A simple and cost effective way to fund any number of vehicles
Contract Hire, sometimes referred to as an Operating Lease, is a long term rental agreement. Contracts range from 24 to 60 months and are tailored to the businesses requirements.
- Minimum capital expenditure
- Accurate monthly budgeting
- Improved cash flow
- Fixed interest rates
- Rentals can be offset against the businesses profits. Please refer to your accountant for full guidance on what allowances you can offset.
- Reduced administration
- On-going advice and support
- Road Fund Licence provided (vehicle excise duty paid) for duration of contract
- Optional maintenance package
- Optional breakdown rescue cover
- Optional replacement vehicle cover in event of breakdown
- Optional GAP insurance which provides cover for the shortfall between the outstanding finance and the insurance value if the vehicle is declared a write-off by your insurance company
- Early termination can be expensive
- If you do more miles than stated in your contract you will be charged excess mileage for each mile over that stated in your contract
- You must look after the vehicle and return it in a well maintained condition otherwise you will be charged for any damage over and above that stated in the 'Fair Wear and Tear Guide'
- You must have fully comprehensive vehicle insurance
- You will never own the vehicle as there is no option to buy it
More Information on Business Contract Hire:
The Contract Hire Company reclaims the VAT on the original purchase, which reduces your monthly rentals (which are + VAT). Contract Hire is a very popular choice for VAT registered companies as they can claim back 50% of the VAT on the finance element for cars and generally 100% for commercials (subject to no private use, no exempt turnover and not being on the Flat Rate VAT Scheme). Please refer to your accountant for full guidance on reclaiming VAT.
On contracts with maintenance the VAT on the service element is 100% recoverable. One of the major benefits is that there are no disposal worries as the future value is underwritten by the leasing company.