Promas Enterprises Limited trades as "Lease4Less". Our Company Registration Number is 05358394. The registered office of the company is: -
Repeat House, Bright Road, Eccles, Manchester. M30 0WG.
Lease4Less is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lease4Less are Data Controllers and Data Processors. Responsible for controlling and processing of your personal data. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This policy has been produced in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that took effect in May 2018. GDPR aims to give more rights to individuals with regard to their data. More transparency and information about processes, distribution, marketing, deletion and corrections.
As Lease4Less is a credit intermediary and broker, and supplier of certain vehicle related peripheral products, we collect personal data to pass on to third parties in order to provide the service that is required. The lawful basis of collecting this data is done under a "Legitimate Interest" and with "Consent".
Data is collected and processed for your legitimate interest and the legitimate interest of third parties unless there is a good reason to protect your personal data that overrides those legitimate interests.
What We Collect
We collect information about you when you engage with us directly or through third parties. Some of this information doesn’t identify you personally but provides us with information on how you use our services and engage with us.
We may request and collect personal information about you such as:
- Name, Address, Date of Birth
- Previous addresses if applicable
- Contact Information including an email address
- Financial Information and payment details (bank account details including sort codes and account numbers)
- Employment Information
- Lifestyle and home ownership information
- If relevant, personal data of individuals (with their express authority) who may be party to your application
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers Information that you freely give, that you feel is applicable to your circumstances
- Recordings of telephone conversation
- Preferences and Interests
Our "legitimate interests" as referred to in this document include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
What We Do With the Information We Gather
We only process information that we find necessary for the purpose it is collected. We require information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular:
- To assist us in processing your enquiries and obtaining the services which you require
- To help us identify you and any accounts that you hold with us
- To undertake credit reference checks, administration, research and analysis and preferences
- Broker your finance agreement and any related services
- For internal record keeping and monitoring
- Billing and order fulfilment
- Administering debt recoveries where money is owed under contract or otherwise necessary
- Customising our website and its content to your particular preferences
- To notify you of any changes to our website or to our services which may affect you
- Security vetting and improving our Services
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may with your permission, periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Marketing - providing you have opted-in (for further information see ‘Marketing and opting-in’ below)
- Used with third party service providers as necessary which supports the operation of our business, such as dealerships and funders
- To assist fraud prevention agencies and associations where necessary or when detected as this is required for compliance within our legal obligations and legitimate interests.
- To assist with regulators and law enforcement agencies including the police, the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and any other relevant authority
We will never make automated decisions when processing data nor will we use profiling techniques
Security and Storage
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data is only retained where necessary and will not be kept longer than is strictly required. As part of our responsibilities with the Regulator, we must retain archive records for six years, unless there is further legal or regulatory requirement to do so. Other third parties may differ.
In the normal course of business Lease4Less will not process and transfer data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and these are stored on secured servers.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to that website.
Unless you have chosen to opt in to receiving marketing information, we will not contact you with marketing information.
If you have opted-in to receive our marketing material, we will ensure that it is to your requirements and granular.
We may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, text message, or email.
The nature of these marketing communications relate to information on products, services, promotions and special offers which we believe may be of interest to you or others.
If you or others would prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us, it is possible to opt out at any time.
You can contact us here:
email@example.com or you can write to us at: -
Repeat House, Bright Road, Eccles, Manchester. M30 0WG or call us on 0161 507 8100.
For further information, see ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose personal data which you provide to us to:
- Our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting, maintenance services or potential funders).
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
- Our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above, specifically being: finance companies with whom we deal for the purposes of providing our services to you.
- Insurance companies with whom we deal for the purposes of providing our services to you and to verify information provided to us by you.
- Other third parties with whom we deal with in the course of providing our services to you
- Any regulators within whose jurisdiction we operate within from time to time.
Please be aware that we will not sell or otherwise disclose any personal data provided to us to any other party.
Look After My Car
As a valued customer we like to ensure that you hear about opportunities that will enhance your leasing experience. It’s an exciting time, and we want that to continue right through to renewal.
To that end, we have partnered with Look after My Car (T/N of Premia Solutions Limited), a membership-only club offering insurance products and related services that will help you – as the name suggests – look after your car!
As part of the order process we will send you a brochure that gives an overview of what is on offer to you.
We have identified this as a legitimate interest to yourself due to the financial obligations surrounding vehicle rentals.
We have also identified it as a legitimate interest for ourselves and Premia Solutions to pursue.
We will pass your contact and vehicle details to Premia Solutions so that they can setup your account, they may contact you via email or by telephone to explain more about Look after My Car.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance purposes.
Information about Other Individuals
If you give us information about others, you confirm that the other third party person has appointed you to act on their behalf.
This is also relevant where others are concerned if you indeed ask another person to act on your behalf as a third party.
Under the third party authorisation, the other person can:
- Give consent on their behalf to the processing of his or her personal data for the purposes and reasons set out in this Policy
- Receive on their behalf any data protection notices.
Such authorisation will remain in place until this has been revoked, either by verbal or written communication.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have:
- The right to request access to your personal data which we process. This formal request is made under the DPA/ GDPR and is referred to as a Subject Access Request.
If you wish to exercise this right and make a SAR, you should put your request in writing; either by e-mail or letter shown at the bottom of this section.
This should include:
- Proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill within the last 3 months)
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
- The right to correct your personal data should you require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data. Please specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with during your working relationship with us. We will require sufficient information to identify you (e.g. account/order number, username, registration details)
- The right to request erasure of your personal data where you find no good reason for us to continue to hold it. This is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances, for example, if we have a legal obligation, which as a regulated firm, we do.
- The right to object to processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest or those of a third party. You also have the right to object to processing your data for direct marketing purposes. If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular method (e.g. email or telephone) please specify the method that you are objecting to. We will require sufficient information to identify you (e.g. account/order number, username, registration details). See ‘Marketing’ for further information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data, for example, you want us to suspend the processing of personal information as you want to establish its accuracy or reason for processing it
- The right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation, in certain circumstances.
- The right to complain – If you wish to make a complaint on how your personal data has been handled, or how your complaint has been handled, in the first instance please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see our Complaints page for further information on this - Lease4Less Complaints Handling Procedure
For any complaints regarding your data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK supervisory authority which is the Information Commissioner’s Office and can be contacted via the details at www.ico.org.uk.
If you wish to exercise any these rights you should put your request in writing to us at:
Lease4LessRepeat House, Bright Road, Eccles, Manchester. M30 0WG or
Email us at: email@example.com
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We will only process your personal data providing you have given your consent for us to do so.
Under the provisions of the DPA and GDPR, our firm’s lawful basis for processing personal data is based on a Legitimate Interest with Consent. The legitimate interest relates to a legal requirement for the firm to hold your personal data and financial information on record for up to a total of six years, unless there is further legal or regulatory requirement to do so. This six year period satisfies the requirement of our regulator, The Financial Conduct Authority, and is also in line with other financial industry retention periods, as well as Accounting requirements.
Our Contact Details
We welcome your feedback, queries and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at: -
Repeat House, Bright Road, Eccles, Manchester. M30 0WG.
Alternatively you can call us on 0161 507 8100.